Part of the beauty of Takapuna is its constant holiday vibes, giving you the feeling of being on holiday at home! So there’s no need to let the back-to-work-blues settle in just yet – we have so much happening in Takapuna, we can keep your summer holiday going while the beautiful weather continues!
How does lunch by the Sea sound?
Regatta Bar and Eatery is the perfect location for a delicious bite to eat whilst relaxing and enjoying the sea views. While they’re renowned for their oysters and seafood, Regatta also has the perfect meal for any taste, from burgers to pasta or delicious salads.
How does a spot of retail therapy sound?
Hurstmere Rd is home to many unique and boutique shops with the perfect little treat – from Augustine and RUBY, to Retrospace, and from Life For Men, to Fifth Avenue Jewellers – there’s something for every shopper!
How does an afternoon of beach activities sound?
The opportunities are endless at Takapuna Beach – if you’re after more than a leisurely swim, why not bring your snorkel mask and flippers and inspect the reef down by the boat ramp. Or try your hand at some Stand Up Paddle Boarding through Girls Get Out There NZ – or head down on Sunday afternoons for some free Banana Boat rides.
If you want to escape the sun to a cooler temperature for a while, why not catch a movie at Monterey Cinemas, treat the kids to an exciting time at Escape HQ or some VR action at Thrillzone, or head along to the Bruce Mason Centre or The Pumphouse for a dose of live-action entertainment! Pair that with some al-fresco dining and you’ll have a summer night out worthy of a couple Instagram posts.
There is always something happening in Takapuna! Check out our event calendar for a full list of upcoming events for the summer months!
- Takapuna Beach – walk the beach, go for a swim, try stand up paddle boarding or soak up the sunshine on this beautiful white sand beach while admiring the views across the Hauraki Gulf.
- Enjoy the tastes of Takapuna with over 100 places to eat and drink – from chic cafes to healthy eats to world flavours, tasty takeaways or stunning beachfront dining, Takapuna has a raft of tasty treats just for you.
- Shop for something special. From fashion to jewellery to exquisite homewares and gifts, you will find just the right thing from the range of high street stores, designer boutiques and Shore City Shopping Centre.
- Discover an ancient fossil forest on the ‘Lava trail’ between Takapuna and Milford which forms part of the Te Araroa walkway. This is a stunning seaside walk along the coast.
- Pack a picnic and head to Gould Reserve on Takapuna Beach or the shores of Lake Pupuke.
- Get out on the water and try your hand at stand-up paddle boarding, wind surfing, sailing, canoeing, or even snorkelling!
- Stroll through Takapuna’s famous Sunday Market to find anything from fresh fruit and vegetables, to crafts, furniture and antiques.
- Immerse your cultural self in live theatre, music, arts, culture and heritage at Bruce Mason Centre, Pumphouse Theatre, Lakehouse Arts Centre and Takapuna Beachside Cinema.
- Find inner peace with restorative yoga, massage, reflexology session or pump up the pulse with an exercise class or Pilates session.
- Bring the family to one of Auckland’s best playground – The all-abilities Takapuna Beach Playground, then recharge with an icecream or something to eat.