As a pivotal part of the innovation corridor, Takapuna is home to numerous high tech companies and start-ups and continue to attract more due to its ideal location and bustling retail and hospitality scene. Techapuna started out as an initiative to attract more high-tech companies to the area as well as connect these fast-growing companies with each other through regular ‘meet-ups’ to foster sharing of ideas and drive innovation.
The Techapuna Initiative has been in play for some years now primarily driven by ATEED with support over the years from multiple parties including, but not limited to such entities as Channel Magazine, Massey University, Smales Farm, K1W1, various tech companies and the Takapuna Beach Business Association (TBBA).
The TBBA, with support from the various stakeholders, has now taken ownership of “Techapuna” and will be coordinating various activities and events within the Takapuna region working with the various stakeholders and business operators located here.
Grow North is an initiative led by Auckland leaders who are bringing existing groups together to create a smart innovation district within Auckland North.
Innovation is being encouraged through an innovation escalator reaching from schools and incubators through to scale-up businesses and global networks. We invite you to connect through Grow North Director, Kel Marsh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Updates
- Techweek comes to the B:HIVE at Smales Farm
- FaceMe is re-defining the customer experience using ‘thoughtful’ AI digital employees – GrowNorth
- Sealegs amphibious craft are being customised for new uses around the world – GrowNorth
- Recent research shows that design boosts the New Zealand economy by $10.1 billion – GrowNorth
- Why visionary leaders are creating the Grow North Innovation District – GrowNorth
- Coherent Solutions supplies the world’s highest performing test and measurement instruments – Grow North
- EROAD is transforming the transport sector by investing in a stream of innovations – Grow North
- Kiwi company is rapidly disrupting the global translation industry – Grow North
- New Zealand technology allows window shoppers to be decision-makers at the touch of a window – Grow North
- Auckland: An Innovation Hub of the Asia-Pacific
- Why People Join Coworking Spaces
- Invenco – revolutionizing self-service payment
- Booktrack revolutionises Audiobooks
- This Albany business is at the forefront of disrupting the hospitality sector worldwide
- Wide ranging benefits delivered to the NZ community from award winning Northern Arena