Takapuna Beach Summer Days Festival (FREE)
19 January 2019 , 11.00 - 19.00
Takapuna is your ultimate summer destination with the I Love Takapuna Summer Days Festival on the 19th of January at Takapuna Beach Reserve.
This event is FREE and open to the whole community, so bring your friends, family, and loved ones along and celebrate summer with us.
Starting at 11am, bring the kids over and enjoy a wide variety of family entertainment including stage shows, circus workshops, activities, face painting, a beach dig and heaps more.
From 3pm until 7pm, jam with amazing local artists as they perform your favourite hits on stage.
Wear your jandals, grab some takeaways from the 150 different hospitality outlets in Takapuna, or the food trucks on site and get ready for a brilliant summers day.
The I Love Takapuna Summer Days Festival will feature:
Family Stage Shows and Music, including – Cherry the Clown, Circus performances and Magician shows
Live Music on stage featuring some of Auckland’s top musicians:
- Rodney Fisher (Goodshirt) and Nathan King (Zed) playing their top NZ hits and summer classics
- “Encore” featuring Larry Nimalota & Su'e Masina playing old school favourites from The Eagles to Dr Hook to UB40
- “The MGN” My Greatest Now band featuring Dr Kevin Field, Denis Hepi, Dr Oliver Holland, Kelly Kahukiwa and Raymond Bishop letting loose and performing well-known number one hits from their favourite Jazz, Funk, R&B, & Soul songs
Plus FREE festival activities including:
- Burger Burger Sandcastle Building competition (click here for details https://www.facebook.com/events/2331413873748567/)
- Takapuna Rotary “Big Dig” game (donation)
- Panuku Development Auckland’s Crab Car Racing, Paint a Beach Art Station, Family Photo Booth and BBQ stacking game
- Face painting
- Bouncy Castles
- Balloon Twisting and circus workshops
- Preschool games and toys
Meet the Vodafone Warriors! From 11am-12pm you can meet a few of the players and test your skills against the professionals in some special games on the beach and reserve. You can even do a spot of shopping with Vodafone Warriors merchandise and membership stalls on site!
Stand Up Paddle Boarding Ninja Games! Whether you are a paddle boarding pro or have always wanted to try it. Come down to Takapuna beach and try the Ninja Games as Waterbourne raises money for Movember and Men's Health. With all equipment supplied, this is something you don't want to miss! All the info and how you can have a go are here: https://www.waterbourne.co.nz/summer-days/.
The festival will also include delicious food trucks, free bean bags to relax in and of course our beautiful beach and reserve.
This event has been paid for by a contribution from all Takapuna Beach businesses, so we encourage you to please support them as a small thank you
Thanks too to the Devonport-Takapuna Local Board for your support of the event and making it possible.
We will have food vendors on site and there are many quality restaurants nearby, but you are welcome to bring snacks and other food items.
Check out the latest updates on the Facebook event page, click HERE.