The future of Takapuna is being decided now! We need you to vote!
We know you love Takapuna just as much as we do so we are asking you to please spare 2 minutes and vote if you want a new town square and a new carpark building in Takapuna.
A vote for option 1 or 2 will be for the development to go ahead at 40 Anzac Street and the new car park built on the old Gasometre site at 14 Huron Street.
This means that Takapuna will get:
- A new town square built right at the heart of Takapuna
- A new public space for markets, events, ceremonies or the Anzac memorial
- A new modern, multi-level car park building at 14 Huron Street with digital signages, electric car and bike charging stations, bike storage, motorbike parking, accessibility parking and 'end of trip' facilities including changing rooms.
- New hospitality, retail, office spaces, or apartments in the development
- Upgraded bus facilities at Lake Road
- New laneways and better connections to the beach
- Stormwater upgrades at 40 Anzac and the Gasometre site
- Upgraded streetscapes along Huron and Northcroft Street
A vote for option 3 means that Takapuna will get no development and remain unchanged for at least a decade.
An opportunity like this does not come often so we encourage everyone to vote. If you do not vote, we may get nothing. The consultation is open to the whole community, so please share this with your colleagues, friends and family – they need to vote too.