Date: February 13th, 2022
Time: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Don’t miss the Classic Car event of the year, teaming up with the annual Takapuna Summer Days Festival!
Held annually, the Summer Days Festival is a FREE, family fun day out on Takapuna Beach, that gives everyone the chance to extend their summer holidays and keep the summer vibes going!
This year, Summer Days is excited to team up with the Repco Takapuna Rocks event to bring you an extended day of fun in the sun at Takapuna Beach.
You’ll see the usual amazing classic cars, hot rods, bikes, vintage market and clothes, rock’n’roll music along Hurstmere Rd and The Strand – with the addition of all the family fun entertainment, games, and activities of the Summer Days Festival right on Takapuna Beach and Reserve. AND it continues – with live music on the beach stage taking you into the evening from 3pm – 7pm!
WHEN: Sunday, 13th February 2022
TIME: 10am – 7pm
WHERE: Hurstmere Rd / The Strand / Takapuna Beach and Reserve
COST: FREE to attend
(Takapuna Rocks is a community fundraising event in the support of YES Disability for Shore Junction and Make-A-Wish NZ through the Bayleys Foundation.)
Headlining the main stage is none other than kiwi icon TOBIAS!
Tobias is widely considered one of New Zealand’s top Vocalist/Guitarist. Having spent 12 years in the music industry touring the world and headlining New Zealand’s biggest festivals, gaining millions of fans around the world. During his time as a professional musician, former member of Katchafire, House of Shem, and lead singer/guitarist for Sons Of Zion.
Now with his solo career on the rise, Tobias is set to rock the world once again with his debut single “One Love” out now – it’s safe to say that fans won’t be disappointed and in no time will be packing arenas to see his shows.
Pop, rock and roots infused with powerhouse vocals and melodic guitars, will be the sound of Tobias as he creates yet another legacy to last through the ages.
So grab your family and friends, and head on down to Takapuna Beach for an absolutely fun-filled day at the Repco Takapuna Rocks – Summer Days edition!
Please note: this event will be a vaccinated event in order to proceed, and will only go ahead in the Orange or Green setting. Here is some important information to note:
– Entry to the event and area is completely free of charge.
– The event will be roped off and entry will be granted at all main access points to The Strand and Takapuna Beach Reserve. area on the Reserve will be roped off.
– There will be I Love Takapuna staff and security onsite that will be checking vaccine passports (of eligible people 12yrs 3mnths + ) upon entry. If you leave the area and want to re-enter, you may need to show this again.
– Access will be given to those only wishing to attend Regatta Bar, Tokyo Bay and Franc’s at all times.
– At all times there will be pedestrian access outside of the event area, to the Beach, Playground, and bathroom facilities on the Reserve (i.e. you will be able to visit, play and enjoy Takapuna Beach as usual without requiring a vaccine pass if you are not attending the event).
– You will be asked to sign in to the event QR Code, or to sign the manual log for contact tracing purposes only.
– Please make sure you have your mask on you. You will only need to wear them where you deem necessary, or if want to visit one of the surrounding hospitality or retail businesses.
– We do not take the decision to make this a vaccinated event, lightly. We want to share this event with as many in the community as possible, and we want those attending to have a wonderful summers day by the beach. However, the event organisers, staff and security reserve the right to remove any patrons that refuse to abide by the event guidelines. So please remember to be kind to those working on the day, as they are only doing their jobs.
– This event is aiming to be Zero Waste, so while we encourage you to bring some takeaways, picnics or snacks from some of the amazing local eateries, we ask that you please take your rubbish away with you.