The PumpHouse Theatre: A Shakespeare Sampler
09 January 2019 - 11 January 2019 , .
• Exploring Shakespeare’s world – building on any pre-knowledge (whether good or bad!)
• What did Shakespeare write about? (exploring the plays)
• Focussing on tragedy and comedy – clowning / emotions
• Shakespeare characters Heroes, Villains, Clowns.
• Modernising Shakespeare to make it understandable
• Performing Shakespeare outdoors
• Each of the three days will have aspects of improvisation/ character development/ voice projection/prop making and performance
The programme is led by Mags Delaney, The PumpHouse Theatre’s resident drama teacher and self-confessed Shakespeareaholic.